Click here to view general comments for a specific hospital:
- » HSE denies it knew about CRC top-ups (03-12-2013)
- » Holles St not pay compliant - HSE (27-11-2013)
- » 'Pay compliance pledges not valid' (27-11-2013)
- » Holles St Master says all her pay authorised (21-11-2013)
- » Savita hospital defends record (18-11-2013)
- » Hospitals say cuts threaten patients (06-11-2013)
- » New drug cost-cutting scheme (01-11-2013)
- » HSE promises better info on medical cards (30-10-2013)
- » HSE denies medical card cull (30-10-2013)
- » €200m HSE bail-out now likely (23-10-2013)
- » HSE, Minister defend medical card system (17-10-2013)
- » Massive health cuts in 2014 (15-10-2013)
- » UHG and national maternity care slammed (09-10-2013)
- » IMO agrees to re-enter talks on doc strike (09-10-2013)
- » Junior doc strike hits services (08-10-2013)
- » Emergency patients face strike delays (08-10-2013)
- » Hospitals face cuts under shift sanctions (02-10-2013)
- » Doctor strike now almost inevitable (02-10-2013)
- » IMO denies 'triple pay' claim (02-10-2013)
- » Health 'bailed out' five years in a row (24-09-2013)
- » 115% rise in waiting lists (15-09-2013)
- » New CEO for kids' hospital group (14-09-2013)
- » 15% of junior docs are agency staff (26-07-2013)
- » Children's waiting lists double (19-07-2013)
- » Waiting lists continue to rise (01-07-2013)
- » HSE plans new cuts as crisis grows (28-06-2013)
- » New head for waiting list unit (27-06-2013)
- » Review queried future of Tallaght Hospital (20-06-2013)
- » Nursing board seeks Savita staff rosters (20-06-2013)
- » €1.5m spent on waiting list experts (20-06-2013)
- » Health costs to rise again (15-06-2013)
- » Savita - staff may be held accountable (13-06-2013)
- » Strike threat as Croke Park deal collapses (16-04-2013)
- » 24-hour ED waits deemed serious incidents (19-03-2013)
- » Shock rise in hospital waiting lists (14-03-2013)
- » One-fifth of health budget cut since 2008 (07-03-2013)
- » Limerick has longest outpatient waits (25-02-2013)
- » Probe finds major flaws in foster care (21-02-2013)
- » New hospital funding system next year (15-02-2013)
- » Savita probe says abortion was needed (13-02-2013)
- » HSE's concerns on funding CF drug (02-02-2013)
- » Waiting lists down by 40% in 2012 (23-01-2013)
- » Primary care takes major hit in HSE plan (10-01-2013)
- » ED trolley crisis returns (10-01-2013)
- » Child patients sharing EDs with adults (08-01-2013)
- » Fee cut may lead to GP waiting lists (17-12-2012)
- » Many will lose medical card entitlement (07-12-2012)
- » More medical card cuts on the way (05-12-2012)
- » Minister disputes nurse staffing claims (29-11-2012)
- » HSE probe set to go ahead (22-11-2012)
Below are the latest general comments as posted by people who have completed the online survey.
Staffing levels on ward totally inadequate at weekends - one qualified nurse and one student. Call bell sometimes 'accidentally' disconnected. Left on commode with no way of calling for assistance because bell disconnected. Some staff not trained in manual handling. Roughly handled by some carers. Who is responsible for managing staffing levels? Where is the hospital's duty of care towards the vulnerable patient?
|This user's rating:||71%|
I was totally dissatisfied with my recent visit to A&E. My daughter had suffered a fracture and I spent five-and-a-half hours waiting in total, between Midoc and A&E. When she did get to see a doctor, the whole process including x-ray was completed in about 20 minutes. The doctor informed me that there wasn't a fracture however I was informed 10 days later that there was one. Another thing I observed was that there did not appear to be any triage system in place on this particular night. We were seen at reception and sent to a paediatric waiting area where we appeared to be forgotten about. There was clearly no priority given to the fact that the patient was a child and no apology given for the wait.
|This user's rating:||46%|
Of all the hospitals i have had the misfortune to be in, this was definitely the most positive experience to date. I can't say enough about the theatre staff and the ward nurses. They were the best I have ever encountered. Wound care nurses brilliant. My consultant was the most humane/emphatic man I have ever met.
|This user's rating:||89%|
I was treated very well over the past number of weeks while I was in the care of Dr Steele.
|This user's rating:||92%|
Care excellent from when we reached the Emergency Department. My.mother was treated with dignity and respect.
|This user's rating:||86%|
I am disgusted with the level of care my elderly mother received at this hospital. The doctors seemed uninterested, the nurses on the wards were rude and unhelpful. The nurses in A&E were most helpful and explained everything however as soon as my mother was moved to a ward this changed. Her symptoms were ignored and we were treated as if we were just being a nuisance when we pushed for explanations. I am totally appalled at the way this hospital has gone downhill since her last admission. The doctors discharged her today despite her actually being worse than she was when admitted and I chose to accept the discharge because I felt that her being in that environment was not helping. I pity any elderly patient in that hospital that don't have family to support them because the level of disrespect and neglect I've witnessed has shocked me.
|This user's rating:||25%|
Absolutely amazing care.
|This user's rating:||98%|
I went into early labour while on holidays in Mayo and had to have an emergency c-section. I got only the best of care in Mayo. I had to stay 4 nights and can honestly say I could not fault anything about the staff, the care I received or the hospital. My PHN was praising Mayo hospital also for the speed that she received all my medical information from the hospital.
|This user's rating:||100%|
The midwives involved in my care were brilliant except one who I will remember for all the wrong reasons. I got the feeling from her that her job was a bother. She was rude and not very friendly or caring. Very rough also. Horrible midwife. Dr Vini saved our child's life. We are eternally grateful.
|This user's rating:||69%|
The most amateur organised hospital I have ever come across. Three times my operation was cancelled and when my files were sent back to the HSE they never even had the decency to call me. I pray to God almighty I am never in their hands again.
|This user's rating:||33%|