Click here to view general comments for a specific hospital:
- » Root causes of self-harm must be tackled (09-10-2014)
- » Revamp planned for non-hospital care (08-10-2014)
- » HSE figs 'confirm patients are suffering' (24-09-2014)
- » Shock report on mental care suicides (24-06-2014)
- » Medical card policy - then and now (17-06-2014)
- » Govt approves scheme to return cards (17-06-2014)
- » PAC chair wants health chiefs to resign (12-06-2014)
- » HSE had surplus of €31m last year (12-06-2014)
- » Govt halts medical card reviews (29-05-2014)
- » Medical card cut plan hits legal snag (29-05-2014)
- » Cancer patients hit by medical card cuts (19-05-2014)
- » Waiting lists on upward spiral again (15-04-2014)
- » HSE says €1.6m in top ups should end (14-04-2014)
- » HSE may outsource admin work (06-04-2014)
- » Finance control issues at homecare firm (03-04-2014)
- » HSE ultimatum on private practice (31-03-2014)
- » Health now 'doing less with less' (31-03-2014)
- » Shock findings in HSE agency audit (19-02-2014)
- » Two hospitals face fines over top-ups (14-02-2014)
- » Patients taken off waiting list 'in error' (13-02-2014)
- » Hospital filled CEO post without approval (04-02-2014)
- » Hospitals facing massive cuts (31-01-2014)
- » Service will struggle to meet demands-HSE (14-01-2014)
- » Cancer hospital chiefs got charity top-ups (09-01-2014)
- » Vincent's CEO gets nearly €300,000 (24-12-2013)
- » St Vincent's still tight-lipped on top-ups (20-12-2013)
- » HSE targets €1bn in cuts/savings (18-12-2013)
- » Ex-CRC chief got lump sum from charity (11-12-2013)
- » HSE denies it knew about CRC top-ups (03-12-2013)
- » Holles St not pay compliant - HSE (27-11-2013)
- » 'Pay compliance pledges not valid' (27-11-2013)
- » Holles St Master says all her pay authorised (21-11-2013)
- » Savita hospital defends record (18-11-2013)
- » Hospitals say cuts threaten patients (06-11-2013)
- » New drug cost-cutting scheme (01-11-2013)
- » HSE promises better info on medical cards (30-10-2013)
- » HSE denies medical card cull (30-10-2013)
- » €200m HSE bail-out now likely (23-10-2013)
- » HSE, Minister defend medical card system (17-10-2013)
- » Massive health cuts in 2014 (15-10-2013)
- » UHG and national maternity care slammed (09-10-2013)
- » IMO agrees to re-enter talks on doc strike (09-10-2013)
- » Junior doc strike hits services (08-10-2013)
- » Emergency patients face strike delays (08-10-2013)
- » Doctor strike now almost inevitable (02-10-2013)
- » IMO denies 'triple pay' claim (02-10-2013)
- » Health 'bailed out' five years in a row (24-09-2013)
- » 115% rise in waiting lists (15-09-2013)
- » New CEO for kids' hospital group (14-09-2013)
- » 15% of junior docs are agency staff (26-07-2013)
Below are the latest general comments as posted by people who have completed the online survey.
The care my brother got was excellent from all the staff. Thanks to all
|This user's rating:||98%|
All I will say is that if you are planning to have a baby at this hospital go private. I will never go back - my child and I are scarred for life because of their incompetence!
|This user's rating:||33%|
I had a very bad run in with a junior doctor while my 2 year old son was a patient in the hospital in 2013. The doctor was unprofessional and was unable to carry out basic medical practices such as checking his ear for an infection. When I requested a different doctor to look at my son, the junior doctor tried to intimidate me (shouting at me and mocking me in front of a room full of people). I made a complaint to the hospital at the time and was issued a brief generic apology. I understand that it is tough to get doctors to stay in Ireland but I feel that my son and my family should not be subjected to such poor levels of treatment and unprofessional behaviour.
|This user's rating:||77%|
Helpful and careful.
|This user's rating:||96%|
An absolute dump.
|This user's rating:||20%|
Lying on hospital trolley for duration of my stay, no beds available. Absolute Disgrace! HSE management should be sacked!!!
|This user's rating:||67%|
I hope that I never have to visit this hospital again. Today I met a very rude doctor who kept rolling his eyes and sighing with impatience when I did not know the answers to his questions. An extremely upsetting and distressing experience by the rudest of gestures which he kept up the whole time I was there.
|This user's rating:||40%|
I was refused admission for pain in my scrotum without paying 50 euro first even though I had VHI insurance. They ridiculed me and refused to help until a female with children explained that if I was here for no reason I wouldn't be hanging around crying. It was then that a doctor came out and admitted me to discover a cyst and rush me in for surgery.
|This user's rating:||70%|
Excellent treatment and very professional.
|This user's rating:||100%|
Maternity department was fantastic, received nothing but the highest standard of care from everyone there. My son was born there in September and the staff barely had time for a break. Dr Vijay and all the midwives especially Noreen were amazing, truly remarkable women who are under severe pressure everyday. I am forever grateful of the care they gave me and my three sons since 2010.
|This user's rating:||89%|