Click here to view general comments for a specific hospital:
- » Children waiting up to five years for eye care (23-03-2016)
- » ED nurses to be balloted on industrial action (04-11-2015)
- » 7,700+ patients on trolleys during May (12-06-2015)
- » ED patients 'will die' due to overcrowding (06-01-2015)
- » Root causes of self-harm must be tackled (09-10-2014)
- » HSE figs 'confirm patients are suffering' (24-09-2014)
- » Shock report on mental care suicides (24-06-2014)
- » Medical card policy - then and now (17-06-2014)
- » Govt approves scheme to return cards (17-06-2014)
- » PAC chair wants health chiefs to resign (12-06-2014)
- » HSE had surplus of €31m last year (12-06-2014)
- » Govt halts medical card reviews (29-05-2014)
- » Medical card cut plan hits legal snag (29-05-2014)
- » Cancer patients hit by medical card cuts (19-05-2014)
- » Waiting lists on upward spiral again (15-04-2014)
- » HSE says €1.6m in top ups should end (14-04-2014)
- » HSE may outsource admin work (06-04-2014)
- » Finance control issues at homecare firm (03-04-2014)
- » HSE ultimatum on private practice (31-03-2014)
- » Health now 'doing less with less' (31-03-2014)
- » Shock findings in HSE agency audit (19-02-2014)
- » Two hospitals face fines over top-ups (14-02-2014)
- » Patients taken off waiting list 'in error' (13-02-2014)
- » Hospital filled CEO post without approval (04-02-2014)
- » Hospitals facing massive cuts (31-01-2014)
- » Service will struggle to meet demands-HSE (14-01-2014)
- » Cancer hospital chiefs got charity top-ups (09-01-2014)
- » Vincent's CEO gets nearly €300,000 (24-12-2013)
- » St Vincent's still tight-lipped on top-ups (20-12-2013)
- » HSE targets €1bn in cuts/savings (18-12-2013)
- » Ex-CRC chief got lump sum from charity (11-12-2013)
- » HSE denies it knew about CRC top-ups (03-12-2013)
- » Holles St not pay compliant - HSE (27-11-2013)
- » 'Pay compliance pledges not valid' (27-11-2013)
- » Savita hospital defends record (18-11-2013)
- » Hospitals say cuts threaten patients (06-11-2013)
- » New drug cost-cutting scheme (01-11-2013)
- » HSE promises better info on medical cards (30-10-2013)
- » HSE denies medical card cull (30-10-2013)
- » €200m HSE bail-out now likely (23-10-2013)
- » HSE, Minister defend medical card system (17-10-2013)
- » Massive health cuts in 2014 (15-10-2013)
- » UHG and national maternity care slammed (09-10-2013)
- » IMO agrees to re-enter talks on doc strike (09-10-2013)
- » Junior doc strike hits services (08-10-2013)
- » Emergency patients face strike delays (08-10-2013)
- » Hospitals face cuts under shift sanctions (02-10-2013)
- » Doctor strike now almost inevitable (02-10-2013)
- » IMO denies 'triple pay' claim (02-10-2013)
- » Health 'bailed out' five years in a row (24-09-2013)
Below are the latest general comments as posted by people who have completed the online survey.
Beacon Hospital provided a caring and professional service that met my expectations and healthcare needs. Dr. Siobhan Weston is an excellant clinican, communicator and caring healthcare professional. She is unrushed, friendly and highly professional. Someone that I would trust and recommend.
|This user's rating:||99%|
A&E Department. I arrived in by ambulance with a fractured shoulder. I was treated promptly and was well taken care of despite the department being clearly understaffed. The staff were excellent and provided the best care while being under immense pressure. I was in a lot of pain and needed to call nurses throughout the night but I always got the attention I needed despite the amount of patients and the lack of staff. I felt sorry for the nurses/doctors as they were clearly stressed and so busy. It's a disgrace that there isn't an adequate number of staff considering they are dealing with people's health. I would have no problem attending A&E again in this hospital. I also have had the best of care in the outpatients clinic and physiotherapy department since my injury.
|This user's rating:||90%|
It was a brilliant hospital, friendly and very caring staff. Their work was fantastic.
|This user's rating:||92%|
This was an elderly person and was bullied as soon as they signed her into long term care as there are no nursing home available in areas that the person wanted to go. One day her daughter had permission to take her out and the staff never missed her until 5 30 when someone came to see her even though she is of high risk of falling they start ringing around the family to see did they know where she was then tried to blame them for taken her out. Where were they for the 6 hours she was with me?
|This user's rating:||40%|
Outstanding care and attention from Dr. Agnew and Nurses Reg, Rita and Melody on Hazel Ward.
|This user's rating:||94%|
Unbelievable conditions for patients and staff. Third world hospitals have better conditions! Medical staff very good. Cleaning staff have a total lack of training and need to be supervised. Blood and sick etc... being cleaned by dirty mops swish-swashing it along. ZERO sterilisation. I feel the out-of-hours GP system is a joke. Doctors there send everyone that does not have a minor cold into A&E. Waste of time. Someone needs to look at the total system. Money will not fix this disaster. Why do GPs not all have Ultrasound and ECGs etc? It would take some pressure off the A&Es. Send in an experienced system improvement management that has a proven track record and give them full authority. Ensure they do this through the staff/GPs as they will be able to tell you very quickly what needs to be done. Oh yes, how come places like the Galway Clinic have 30 min waiting time from entry to seeing the consultant?? Go look see and reapply. It CAN be done.
|This user's rating:||33%|
Everyone I met from reception to the man wheeling me out the door were all very nice, cannot fault my stay one bit. Ms Niall is an excellent surgeon, done a brilliant job. I am very happy she carried out my operation.
|This user's rating:||100%|
Had my four-year-old in for x-ra. Appointment was 10am and he had his x-ray at 10.10a. No waiting around. X-ray department is really well maintained and clean. Radiographer was very friendly. Well done to all.
|This user's rating:||91%|
From the time we were seen in A&E the hospital staff, from nurses, to consultants both in A&E and on the paediatrics ward could not do enough for our little boy and ourselves, explaining everything to us and putting our mind at ease.
|This user's rating:||99%|
Found the person doing the scan a bit cold, just silently scanning my child with no feedback.
|This user's rating:||70%|