Click here to view general comments for a specific hospital:
- » ED patients 'will die' due to overcrowding (06-01-2015)
- » Root causes of self-harm must be tackled (09-10-2014)
- » HSE figs 'confirm patients are suffering' (24-09-2014)
- » Shock report on mental care suicides (24-06-2014)
- » Medical card policy - then and now (17-06-2014)
- » Govt approves scheme to return cards (17-06-2014)
- » PAC chair wants health chiefs to resign (12-06-2014)
- » HSE had surplus of €31m last year (12-06-2014)
- » Govt halts medical card reviews (29-05-2014)
- » Medical card cut plan hits legal snag (29-05-2014)
- » Cancer patients hit by medical card cuts (19-05-2014)
- » Waiting lists on upward spiral again (15-04-2014)
- » HSE says €1.6m in top ups should end (14-04-2014)
- » HSE may outsource admin work (06-04-2014)
- » Finance control issues at homecare firm (03-04-2014)
- » HSE ultimatum on private practice (31-03-2014)
- » Health now 'doing less with less' (31-03-2014)
- » Shock findings in HSE agency audit (19-02-2014)
- » Two hospitals face fines over top-ups (14-02-2014)
- » Patients taken off waiting list 'in error' (13-02-2014)
- » Hospital filled CEO post without approval (04-02-2014)
- » Hospitals facing massive cuts (31-01-2014)
- » Service will struggle to meet demands-HSE (14-01-2014)
- » Cancer hospital chiefs got charity top-ups (09-01-2014)
- » Vincent's CEO gets nearly €300,000 (24-12-2013)
- » St Vincent's still tight-lipped on top-ups (20-12-2013)
- » HSE targets €1bn in cuts/savings (18-12-2013)
- » Ex-CRC chief got lump sum from charity (11-12-2013)
- » HSE denies it knew about CRC top-ups (03-12-2013)
- » Holles St not pay compliant - HSE (27-11-2013)
- » 'Pay compliance pledges not valid' (27-11-2013)
- » Holles St Master says all her pay authorised (21-11-2013)
- » Savita hospital defends record (18-11-2013)
- » Hospitals say cuts threaten patients (06-11-2013)
- » New drug cost-cutting scheme (01-11-2013)
- » HSE promises better info on medical cards (30-10-2013)
- » HSE denies medical card cull (30-10-2013)
- » €200m HSE bail-out now likely (23-10-2013)
- » HSE, Minister defend medical card system (17-10-2013)
- » Massive health cuts in 2014 (15-10-2013)
- » UHG and national maternity care slammed (09-10-2013)
- » IMO agrees to re-enter talks on doc strike (09-10-2013)
- » Junior doc strike hits services (08-10-2013)
- » Emergency patients face strike delays (08-10-2013)
- » Doctor strike now almost inevitable (02-10-2013)
- » IMO denies 'triple pay' claim (02-10-2013)
- » Health 'bailed out' five years in a row (24-09-2013)
- » 115% rise in waiting lists (15-09-2013)
- » New CEO for kids' hospital group (14-09-2013)
- » 15% of junior docs are agency staff (26-07-2013)
Below are the latest general comments as posted by people who have completed the online survey.
I brought my mother up to A&E as she was in agony from her severe rheumatoid arthritis. We waited seven hours and she was in so much pain that I had to take her home without ever seeing a doctor. Not nice to see my 69-year-old mother in such pain.
|This user's rating:||43%|
From my booking appointment to delivery I had no problems with the hospital. My daughter was born very sick and was transferred to NICU which I have to say, I was never without information about what was going on. The only problem I came across was in relation to breastfeeding and pumping which for a NICU mother I should have gotten a lot more support than I received. I can't recommend Holles Street enough for their care of me and quick thinking and care of my daughter.
|This user's rating:||40%|
Twelve hours of waiting to be told that they were going to see if the patient's appendicitis just cleared up on its own. Guess what?! It didn't.
|This user's rating:||21%|
I am so grateful for my treatment and diagnosis. Thank you for seeing me so quickly and efficiently and your kindness.
|This user's rating:||100%|
One of the best around and I was in three hospitals with the same problem and they did nothing. Now, Galway has me on the right road and is a great help to me and I want to thank them all.
|This user's rating:||96%|
Staff were so nice, i.e. the nurses. The manager from what I could see was horrible to staff and rude to patients. That staff member left me speechless!!
|This user's rating:||45%|
Excellent service despite shortage of staff. Small rooms - unit needs an upgrade with en suite rooms and staff need greater recognition for excellent work they do, especially staff on night shifts.
|This user's rating:||89%|
I had my three children here (2004, 2008, 2013). I couldn't fault the care I received from nurses and doctors. All staff within the hospital are kind and considerate.
|This user's rating:||94%|
Even though I felt Beaumont was not pretty on the inside and could be cleaner, the patient care was exceptional.
|This user's rating:||89%|
I got excellent care and respect at all times.
|This user's rating:||98%|