Click here to view general comments for a specific hospital:
- » 7,700+ patients on trolleys during May (12-06-2015)
- » ED patients 'will die' due to overcrowding (06-01-2015)
- » Root causes of self-harm must be tackled (09-10-2014)
- » HSE figs 'confirm patients are suffering' (24-09-2014)
- » Shock report on mental care suicides (24-06-2014)
- » Medical card policy - then and now (17-06-2014)
- » Govt approves scheme to return cards (17-06-2014)
- » PAC chair wants health chiefs to resign (12-06-2014)
- » HSE had surplus of €31m last year (12-06-2014)
- » Govt halts medical card reviews (29-05-2014)
- » Medical card cut plan hits legal snag (29-05-2014)
- » Cancer patients hit by medical card cuts (19-05-2014)
- » Waiting lists on upward spiral again (15-04-2014)
- » HSE says €1.6m in top ups should end (14-04-2014)
- » HSE may outsource admin work (06-04-2014)
- » Finance control issues at homecare firm (03-04-2014)
- » HSE ultimatum on private practice (31-03-2014)
- » Health now 'doing less with less' (31-03-2014)
- » Shock findings in HSE agency audit (19-02-2014)
- » Two hospitals face fines over top-ups (14-02-2014)
- » Patients taken off waiting list 'in error' (13-02-2014)
- » Hospital filled CEO post without approval (04-02-2014)
- » Hospitals facing massive cuts (31-01-2014)
- » Service will struggle to meet demands-HSE (14-01-2014)
- » Cancer hospital chiefs got charity top-ups (09-01-2014)
- » Vincent's CEO gets nearly €300,000 (24-12-2013)
- » St Vincent's still tight-lipped on top-ups (20-12-2013)
- » HSE targets €1bn in cuts/savings (18-12-2013)
- » Ex-CRC chief got lump sum from charity (11-12-2013)
- » HSE denies it knew about CRC top-ups (03-12-2013)
- » Holles St not pay compliant - HSE (27-11-2013)
- » 'Pay compliance pledges not valid' (27-11-2013)
- » Holles St Master says all her pay authorised (21-11-2013)
- » Savita hospital defends record (18-11-2013)
- » Hospitals say cuts threaten patients (06-11-2013)
- » New drug cost-cutting scheme (01-11-2013)
- » HSE promises better info on medical cards (30-10-2013)
- » HSE denies medical card cull (30-10-2013)
- » €200m HSE bail-out now likely (23-10-2013)
- » HSE, Minister defend medical card system (17-10-2013)
- » Massive health cuts in 2014 (15-10-2013)
- » UHG and national maternity care slammed (09-10-2013)
- » IMO agrees to re-enter talks on doc strike (09-10-2013)
- » Junior doc strike hits services (08-10-2013)
- » Emergency patients face strike delays (08-10-2013)
- » Doctor strike now almost inevitable (02-10-2013)
- » IMO denies 'triple pay' claim (02-10-2013)
- » Health 'bailed out' five years in a row (24-09-2013)
- » 115% rise in waiting lists (15-09-2013)
- » New CEO for kids' hospital group (14-09-2013)
Below are the latest general comments as posted by people who have completed the online survey.
Please do everything to keep this hospital running as smoothly as it does and more importantly keep it OPEN. It's an asset we need in the Midlands area.
|This user's rating:||100%|
My family have been patients of this hospital on several occasions over the past number of years. Their medical care on all occasions was excellent.
|This user's rating:||100%|
The hospital overall is great. They are understaffed so some appointments resulted in me waiting a lot longer than usual. Other than that its great. Please get more staff!
|This user's rating:||80%|
My one year old son was admitted with vomiting. After almost one week in the hospital, doctors kept saying it was a vomiting bug and virus. We did meet one good doctor and one nurse who was amazing. Luckily my son was diagnosed and helped in another hospital. I would not bring a dog to this hospital, let alone a child.
|This user's rating:||22%|
When I was waiting to be admitted with several other people, the office staff were walking around getting cups of coffee and talking. They were not in any rush to get any work done. The queue would have been much shorter if they left the personal conversations to their breaks.
|This user's rating:||38%|
Poor care given as usual.
|This user's rating:||33%|
Excellent care given in the Medical Assessment Unit when I was first brought in with pneumonia. The x-ray department did a great job too noticing that I needed to be sent to the MAU straight away, rather than waiting until the following Monday to get my results of the x-ray then. There was also a very kind nurse that talked me through the CT scan I had later. Excellent care given by the nurses when I was admitted to the Burren Ward and I spent 10 nights there. Excellent diagnostic work done by Dr. T.H Pierce for working out the cause of my pneumonia and collapsed lung. I feel very lucky to have been in his care, he was extremely thorough in working out a very rare (but treatable) medical illness.
|This user's rating:||98%|
I was given a very prompt appointment for lung surgery and the doctor explained the procedure very clearly. The surgery went very well and the nurses who looked after me in the HDU in the Keith Shaw Ward were excellent. I consider myself very fortunate to have been in the hands of my surgery team and to have been placed in this ward to recover. A world class care service.
|This user's rating:||94%|
Shocking treatment of patients in A&E department.
|This user's rating:||33%|
The inpatient wards were fine but I have a major issue with A&E services at this hospital which I have highlighted to management previously in writing. It clearly falls on a lack of staff to deal with antisocial activities in the area.
|This user's rating:||74%|