Click here to view general comments for a specific hospital:
- » ED patients 'will die' due to overcrowding (06-01-2015)
- » Root causes of self-harm must be tackled (09-10-2014)
- » HSE figs 'confirm patients are suffering' (24-09-2014)
- » Shock report on mental care suicides (24-06-2014)
- » Medical card policy - then and now (17-06-2014)
- » Govt approves scheme to return cards (17-06-2014)
- » PAC chair wants health chiefs to resign (12-06-2014)
- » HSE had surplus of €31m last year (12-06-2014)
- » Govt halts medical card reviews (29-05-2014)
- » Medical card cut plan hits legal snag (29-05-2014)
- » Cancer patients hit by medical card cuts (19-05-2014)
- » Waiting lists on upward spiral again (15-04-2014)
- » HSE says €1.6m in top ups should end (14-04-2014)
- » HSE may outsource admin work (06-04-2014)
- » Finance control issues at homecare firm (03-04-2014)
- » HSE ultimatum on private practice (31-03-2014)
- » Health now 'doing less with less' (31-03-2014)
- » Shock findings in HSE agency audit (19-02-2014)
- » Two hospitals face fines over top-ups (14-02-2014)
- » Patients taken off waiting list 'in error' (13-02-2014)
- » Hospital filled CEO post without approval (04-02-2014)
- » Hospitals facing massive cuts (31-01-2014)
- » Service will struggle to meet demands-HSE (14-01-2014)
- » Cancer hospital chiefs got charity top-ups (09-01-2014)
- » Vincent's CEO gets nearly €300,000 (24-12-2013)
- » St Vincent's still tight-lipped on top-ups (20-12-2013)
- » HSE targets €1bn in cuts/savings (18-12-2013)
- » Ex-CRC chief got lump sum from charity (11-12-2013)
- » HSE denies it knew about CRC top-ups (03-12-2013)
- » Holles St not pay compliant - HSE (27-11-2013)
- » 'Pay compliance pledges not valid' (27-11-2013)
- » Holles St Master says all her pay authorised (21-11-2013)
- » Savita hospital defends record (18-11-2013)
- » Hospitals say cuts threaten patients (06-11-2013)
- » New drug cost-cutting scheme (01-11-2013)
- » HSE promises better info on medical cards (30-10-2013)
- » HSE denies medical card cull (30-10-2013)
- » €200m HSE bail-out now likely (23-10-2013)
- » HSE, Minister defend medical card system (17-10-2013)
- » Massive health cuts in 2014 (15-10-2013)
- » UHG and national maternity care slammed (09-10-2013)
- » IMO agrees to re-enter talks on doc strike (09-10-2013)
- » Junior doc strike hits services (08-10-2013)
- » Emergency patients face strike delays (08-10-2013)
- » Doctor strike now almost inevitable (02-10-2013)
- » IMO denies 'triple pay' claim (02-10-2013)
- » Health 'bailed out' five years in a row (24-09-2013)
- » 115% rise in waiting lists (15-09-2013)
- » New CEO for kids' hospital group (14-09-2013)
- » 15% of junior docs are agency staff (26-07-2013)
Below are the latest general comments as posted by people who have completed the online survey.
My little girl, only six, screamed in pain during administration of IV drug. The nurse would not even look at the IV site. when my husband and I told her to stop she insisted it was going to sting anyway and it would be worse if they had to put another cannula in. It was cruel and mean and I will never forget the cries of my little girl and how horrible that nurse was.
|This user's rating:||34%|
I hope I never need lung surgery again but if I do I'll choose Mr Ronan Ryan and his amazing team. Thank you all so much.
|This user's rating:||92%|
My mother was brought to A&E as she had a minor stroke. Both she and my father were very anxious, but quickly put at ease by the efficiency and caring attitude of all staff whom we encountered. They were extremely busy, but gave us all the time we needed. The care given to my mother in ICU and subsequently in the Stroke Unit was faultless. Having heard so much criticism about hospitals, I could see that staff were grossly over-worked, but the quality was exemplary. Thanks to the many great teams in Castlebar Hospital.
|This user's rating:||95%|
Nurses were ignorant and rude. I got moved to three rooms in two days. That is a disgrace and I have private health insurance. I want to go home now and forget about any more tests...
|This user's rating:||40%|
My uncle ended up on a ward after a serious health problem that required time in the ICU. The care was almost non-existent on the ward. When we sought simple things on his behalf, we were greeted with ignorance and rudeness.
|This user's rating:||46%|
I have now undergone three surgical procedures in this hospital and would absolutely recommend it and its staff to everyone I know (and I have done so on several occasions!).
|This user's rating:||94%|
My physician showed little care or empathy during my stay. The nurses on the ward on which I was admitted made no attempt to advocate for me when I was clearly in no condition to do so myself. The noise levels of staff on the corridors was unacceptable, with laughing and raised voices day and night. Very disturbing experience overall for me. I hope that this was just an unfortunate combination of circumstances/staffing on this occasion.
|This user's rating:||51%|
I had my baby there last Christmas and the care I revived was second to none! My husband and I were treated with the upmost respect and dignity! I could not thank all the staff enough from medical, nursing and domestic staff, they were all fantastic and I feel they do not receive enough recognition for all their hard work!
|This user's rating:||92%|
My mother was sent to Wexford General for a scan for a suspected condition, but they DIDN'T do the scan and put her on a waiting list for Waterford, which they said could take months, so to sum it up they did absolutely nothing. The doctor set up this appointment for a scan. She had to return to her own doctor after a long day waiting for a scan she never got.
|This user's rating:||20%|
Excellent care by consultant. Prompt management received. However a third party was able to receive details of my surgery months after without my knowledge or consent. No explanation or apology by hospital and worryingly two different people I spoke to in medical records were unsure on hospitals policy for releasing patients details. No further contact has been made to me regarding my query. Avoid if confidentiality is important to you
|This user's rating:||87%|